Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Testing testing

I have always had a keen interest in fashion and creating clothing whether it was knitting, sewing or crocheting. I even studied designing for a year, before I changed directions and started studying archaeology. But I always kept on making clothes at home so I decided that now is the time to join the blogging world with my creations and get into touch with other people with similar interests.

To start with I wanted to put up some photos of my first published pattern, which was in the Icelandic knitting book Prjónaperlur. The pattern is of hooded mittens and was made a few years ago when I was working on an archaeological excavation. I have very cold hands and having to draw outside in freezing temperatures didn't help, so I made these fingerless gloves with hoods and a stylized magic rune, to keep it in the archaeology theme :).




The became very popular amongst my friends and family and since I'v made a lot of variations of them, to sell or to give, by requests or orders and in all colours. For example these were made for a friend that wanted ones that would fit with a hat, the pattern is a traditional skandinavian one:



Here is another sample, in children's size for my nephew with a cooool scull pattern:



These are all made from icelandic wool, which is one of my favorite yarns, warm and cozy and stays warm even when wet.

Well enough for now, I would be very happy if you comment so I see if anyone is reading this :)

4 comments:

  1. Ekkert smá flott hjá þér!
    Kv Úlla

    ReplyDelete
  2. já þekki sko þessa vettlinga, Mjööög flottir!
    Hauskúpuvettlingarnir eru líka mjög kúl :-)

    I Recognize these for sure - love this pattern !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Þessir hafa slegið í gegn hjá fjölskyldunni minni. Maðurinn minn notar þá í veiðinni. Mér finnst frábært að þurfa ekki að fara úr vettlingunum til að festa börnin í bílinn áður en ég fer að skafa...og hauskúpuvettlingarnir eru bara töff.

    Fífa

    ReplyDelete